Have not made this for anyone but Mr. Restaurant Quality (who has granted it 'repeater' status), but due to my own 'word of mouth' on it, especially the salsa, a request from the Valley of the Sun leads to this post.
Quickly comes together; you roast the pork and sweet potatoes at the same time.
And, that salsa. I initally had my doubts. Pineapple and BBQ sauce???? Not a combo I'd come up with, but I'm happy someone in the kitchen at Woman's Day did. Sweet pineapple and tangy BBQ sauce, come on ----- try it.
Pork Tenderloin, Pineapple BBQ Salsa, and Sweet Potatoes
1 pork tenderloin
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. wedges
1/3 Cup BBQ sauce (your favorite; I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
2 t. oil
1/2 t. chili powder
1 1/4 Cups fresh pineapple, diced (or canned pineapple)
3 T. red onion, diced (Mr. Restaurant Quality has this as 'optional'; tastes good either way)
Heat oven to 500 degrees (get that baby rockin')
Position racks to divide oven into thirds.
You'll need 2 rimmed baking sheets (jelly roll pans), lined with nonstick foil.
(I didn't have nonstick foil, so I used regular foil.)
Place pork on 1 baking sheet; sweet potatoes on the other.
Mix 3 T. BBQ sauce with 1 T. cilantro; brush on the pork.
Drizzle potatoes with the oil; sprinkle with chili powder. Toss to coat; spread evenly. If you don't want to use chili powder, use any other type of seasoning or seasonal blend you like; it's your dinner.
Roast pans 10 minutes; remove from oven.
Gently toss the potatoes and turn the pork.
Return to oven; roast potatoes 8 minutes or until tender. Roast pork 15 minutes.
When you remove the potatoes from the oven, cover with foil.
When you remove the pork from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
While pork is resting, combine pineapple, onion, remaining cilantro and BBQ sauce in a bowl.
Slice pork, top with the salsa. Serve with sweet potatoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment