These brownies are from a foodblog I follow. They are really good (but then I wouldn't repeat any recipe unless it was really good, would I?). The Number One fans of these brownies are Megan and Christian. It won't be long and Addi (the AZ Little Sweetheart) will be asking Grandma for 'just one more'. And, I'll give it to her................
Cheesecake Brownies
4 T. unsalted butter, plus more for pan
3/4 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
5 large eggs, divided into 3 eggs and 2 eggs, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1 1/3 Cup sugar, divided into 1 Cup and 1/3 Cup (I use Baker's sugar)
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 pound mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese) I use mascarpone.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 pan and line with parchment paper.
(I love parchment paper --- it makes me feel almost invincible.)
Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Melt chocolate and butter together in the top of a barely simmering double boiler. Stir occasionally while this melting function is going on. Remove from heat. (I use a glass bowl, that sits on top of a pan, with simmering water ---- can you picture it?)
Using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer, beat 3 eggs and 1 cup sugar on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until thick and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add chocolate mixture and 1 t. vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Spread into prepared pan and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat mascarpone cheese, 2 eggs, egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 t. vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour over chocolate mixture.
Bake about 35 minutes, or until cheese mixture is golden and set.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment