Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bacon meatloaf

Hello,

Mr. Restaurant Quality here, I have been asked to make a guest appearance on Mrs. Restaurant Quality's blog site. First I must compliment Kathy on her blog and the great and creative dishes she has discovered. She also has the gift of the Irish when it comes to telling stories and explaining her creations on the blog, must come from her father, JK. My only responsibility is that I am required to mix a perfectly blended well iced old fashion to keep my gal happy. It is my great fortune to have her whisking away in our kitchen.

Believe it or not this is a second attempt by Mr. Restaurant Quality as a guest blogger. The first attempt ended in a disastrous call for help. Let me explain the cry for help. I was looking to credit Jenny's bacon meatloaf that I found on AOL, my meatloaf has a few improvements from the original. Once I pressed the print button, my computer began printing pages from the AOL web site, it kept printing and printing and printing. Now I am becoming concerned with all the paper firing out of my machine. On a closer look at the print job it listed 67,692 pages would be printed out, yikes. Now what? Cancel the print job right? Wrong, I think the printer went rogue, aka Sarah Palin, you betcha! A quick call to Mrs. Restaurant Quality only got two panicked people involved, computer challenged professionals at work. A quick call to our computer savvy daughter came up with several suggestions. The one that worked best was to unplug the darn thing. It worked, the print job was effectively canceled and so was my first blogging attempt.

Word of mouth of the fabulous Bacon meatloaf began to spread and upon several requests I am now involved in the second publishing.

Today Mrs. Restaurant Quality is playing with her little sweetheart Addi as Megan has toddled of to work. Kathy has not come empty handed, she has in her possession four individual sizes Bacon meatloaves, you think Homer Simpson drools wait until Megan and Christian come home and smell the glorious odors permeating the house. Will they like it? If you feel the earth move under your feet tonight around 7:00pm you will have your answer.

Larry's Bacon Meat Loaf recipe:

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
10 slices bacon or 1 pound if you really like bacon
1 onion, diced
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounces)
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 eggs
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 dash of crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoon of honey

Directions:

Brown bacon, onion and garlic in fry pan. Once browned drain and add slightly more than half of the crushed tomatoes to pan and reduce.
Mix ground beef, ground pork, salt, pepper, beaten eggs, mustard, crushed red pepper, Worcestershire and bread crumbs in large bowl.
Mix browned contents from fry pan to large bowl and transfer to meatlof pan of your choice.
Bake one hour at 350 degrees, 15 minutes before done drain any grease from pan. Then mix brown sugar, honey and the remainder of the tomatoes and spread on top of meatloaf as glaze and finish cooking. That's it! If you love Bacon and meatloaf your in heaven. Consult your doctor to determine if you are healthy enough to enjoy this recipe.

No comments: