Fabulous Fall Greetings from A Great City on a Great Lake.....................
Can it get any better than the weather, today, for November 7th. Outstandingly great weather.
Mr. RestaurantQuality and I are back in The Great MidWest. The chill in the air is welcome. And, the oven heating up for apple crisp, even more so.
I hit the ground running, arriving Thursday evening. Within 30 minutes of arriving at RestaurantQuality East, we were at one of our favorite pizza restaurants. Sooooo good.
Then, on Friday early morning, I was entertaining Little Sweetheart #4. Traversing the Target aisles and Sendik's is always enjoyable, but more so when joined by a three year old. SpongeBob puzzles are always fun to buy.
A quick pick-up at the school of Little Sweetheart #3 and a stop for Happy Meals (makes RestaurantQuality happy to buy Happy Meals) and the three of us were sitting around the kitchen table 'just chatting'. Little Sweetheart #3 ALWAYS has something to say.
Today, Coffee Group. Definition: a group of women who worked together in a 'long ago and far away land' who meet once a month for breakfast. Today was the maiden voyage of Coffee Group. Life is good when with longtime good friends.
Tomorrow, bowling birthday party for LittleSweetheart #3.
It never stops.
The impetus for this posting is from Ms. Muskego. The impetus for this recipe is Ms. Surprise, who has made the recipe and pronounces it 'fabulous'.
Life is good...........................
Pork Chops with Cinnamon Apples
suggested musical background: The Lady In Red, by Chris de Burgh
Pork Chops
1 t. dried rubbed sage
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
4 boneless pork chops
EVOO
Combine first three ingredients and sprinkle over pork.
In a large skillet, heat EVOO (whatever amount of EVOO you like; about 1-2 times around the pan). Medium heat.
Pan saute the pork chops. About 4 minutes on each side, until nicely browned on each side.
Remove from pan to a plate; cover tightly with foil and set aside.
Cinnamon Apples
1 t. butter
4 apples (I use Granny Smith) peeled and sliced - thin but not too thin; about 1/8" to 1/4"
1 T. brown sugar
1 t. fresh lemon juice
1/2 t. cinnamon
Melt butter in the skillet, medium heat.
Add apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
Cook for about five minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
Plate the pork chops and the cinnamon apples.
My Notes:
I am not a nut about the amount of EVOO. I just pour some in the pan and heat it up.
You don't have to use Granny apples; use what you like. The Grannies give a nice tart flavor against the cinnamon and butter. And, you'll think yourself quite the cook. Afterall, you are balancing tart and sweet. But, Grannies are not necessary.
Fresh lemon juice: You don't need much. The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon. I never measure; I just squeeze what looks good to me. You can always use the bottled lemon juice if you don't want to buy a lemon. It's your kitchen; do what you want.
The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon butter for the apples. One teaspoon of butter???? What's with that. I use two tablespoons..........................
If you have apple pie spice, thrown in 1/2 teaspoon.
The apples are really, really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment