Hello from the sunny, warm SouthWest!!!!
Thinking of all of you who are shivering on the banks of the Great City on a Great Lake. Wish I could say 'wish I were there', but I cannot. Wait a minute, while I go and close the french doors leading out to the patio.....................
My Sister, Ms. Hawley Road, has made a request. Her workgroup is having a 'bring in the treats' party to acknowledge the worst consumer day of the year ----- the day credit card bills are mailed. Ms. Hawley Road thought this recipe would be a winner and with just a little bit of
Bailey's, I think she's correct..............
Luck Of The Irish Brownies
350 degrees, preheat
9x13 pan; line with foil and butter
Chocolate Stuff
1 cup butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (squares or a bar)
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
Place butter and chocolate into medium saucepan; melt over low heat, stirring often.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Beat sugar and eggs together in bowl, w/ electric mixer, until light and fluffy (approx 4 minutes).
Add flour and salt gradually.
Fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
Cream Stuff
2-8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
3 T. Bailey's (I use the chocolate mint flavor, but 'regular' is good, too)
Combine cream cheese and sugar in another bowl. Beat until creamy.
Add egg and Bailey's and beat.
Pour half the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan.
Spread all of the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer.
Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the cream cheese layer and smooth, preferably with
an offset spatula.
If you'd like, swirl the layers to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Cool completely before cutting.
Major Hint: Cut with a plastic knife.
No comments:
Post a Comment