Hello out there in 2009..............
After the Christmas holidays, it's great to be back at Restaurant Quality. Where the heck did the time go? And by that, I mean time to prepare Restaurant Quality food on a daily basis.
Christmas week was a blur ---- in both time passing and SNOW FALLING. Really got behind on
shopping because I did not want to slide through a stop sign on my way to get 'that just perfect gift'. But, as in all years past, it always gets done. And a great Christmas was had by all.
Christmas Eve was a noisy blast from the past: The Little Sweethearts, Numbers 1-4 were at our house, with their Mommy and Daddy. Reminded us of the days when what are now The Big Sweethearts were little. Also chiming in were Fabulous Daughter #2 and Fabulous Son #2, as well as Ms. Mequon. Ms. Mequon particularly enjoyed her partnership with Fabulous Son #2 in a Pictionary duel.
Food was casual: shredded turkey sandwiches, thai pork, taco dip, bacon wrapped waterchestnuts, mini pecan tarts and cherried butter cookies, just to mention some of the things on the table.
Christmas Day was quiet at our house (but not at The Nuthouse --- home of Little Sweethearts, Numbers 1-4). For dinner, we had an outstandingly prepared standing rib roast. Will be posting the simple recipe in the days to come. It was a joint effort with Mr. Restaurant Quality; man, was it good. Lip smackin'........
After Christmas, a mad rush to 'de-decorate' the house and get ready to go to warmth and sunshine, from where I write this.
Spent today taking care of Little Sweetheart #5, all four months of her. What a doll!!!
So, now I am enjoying the traditional post babysitting glass of wine. And, with that glass of wine, I raise it to all of you (I just did), and wish you a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year. May 2009 bring you what you wish upon a star for.....................
No comments:
Post a Comment