Happy Birthday, Fabulous Daughter #2!
An addition to her birthday list were the cherry butter cookies I make. And, so she shall have them. We're driving down to Chicago this afternoon (stop snowing, please), and the cookies are cooling as I type this.
They are small (1-2 bites). The ingredients get dumped in the bowl, all at once (except for the cherries), and I mix them with my squeaky clean hands (cherries are then added). Really tasty, just ask Mr. Restaurant Quality or Sarah Ferris...............
Cherried Butter Drops
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use ungreased cookie sheets (I use parchment paper on them).
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except cherries. Mix well; I use my hands. Will form a ball.
Add cherries and mix with your hands.
Form 3/4" balls (I use a cookie scoop). Place on cookie sheets.
Bake about 15 minutes.
My Notes: I made the first two pans and had a small amount of dough remaining (enough for about 8 cookies). I threw in about 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Glad I did. I think you'd like that variation. For a full batch, throw in about 3/4 cup.
If you'd like, you can put a dab of frosting on the cookies. Whip up your favorite chocolate frosting or ganache and give these tasty babies a dunk.
1 comment:
All time favorite cookie. Although it is a close tie with the peanut butter kisses cookies. Daughter #2 loves them.
Post a Comment